Thursday, May 05, 2005

Foosball

Someone at our office brought in their own table about a month ago and I've found myself rediscovering the fun of foos. I've also found myself checking into the history of the game. I was quite surprised to learn that in foosball's heyday in the 70's people won cars (porche, corvettes) and quite a bit of money (there was a $1,000,000 tour at one point)!

I even started looking into possibly buying a table. I went down to the local dealer showroom (pool tables, foos tables, poker tables, video games etc) and the salesman there took some time to really show me what makes a good table and what the differences are as you move up in price. Quite the education (much more fun than C#). So I'm looking at a Tornado brand table. The Cyclone or the Storm. We'll see if my fascination with the game lasts long enough for me to plunk down the money...

So do you want to see an interesting video? Check this one out. It's for the Bonzini table not the Tornado. It's amazing to see how well someone can control a foosball.

No comments: