Friday, November 02, 2007

Yahoo Address Book & Leopard

Leopard's new address book allows you to sync with your Yahoo! contacts.  It's not intuitive so here goes:
  1. Open the general tab of Leopard's Address Book preferences.
  2. Check "Synchronize with Yahoo!"
  3. Click on the Configure Button and enter your Yahoo! ID and Password
  4. Open iSync's Preferences (here's where it gets weird)
  5. Check "Show status in menu bar"
  6. Select "Sync Now" from the new menu bar icon on the right
  7. Enjoy!
Of course you should back up everything before you try this.  I've been using Yahoo! Mail for years so it's my most correct and complete contact list.  I'm glad I can now benefit from this in Leopard.  Now if Yahoo! would just be as good as Google and give me IMAP support for free or if Apple would give me a GMail Address Book Sync, I'd be able to use Apple's mail client most of the time.

Now that I think about it, it'd also be nice to have iCal sync up with either Yahoo's or Google's calendar too!


No comments: