Thursday, October 25, 2007

Leopard

I think it's fair to say that I could be characterized as a Mac "fanboy" from time to time.  I've been known to spout pro-Mac statements occasionally.  I take some unfounded pride in the fact that Apple's market cap is now bigger than IBM or Intel. And I love the fact that Apple just had yet another record quarter....

Perhaps it's just the validation of what I've felt in all the years that I've used a Mac, it's just plain better than Windows!  So now I sit here waiting for my pre-order of Mac OS X - Leopard to get to my house.  It's supposed to arrive tomorrow but the status already changed to "shipped".  To fill some of my waiting time I watched Apple's guided tour. I read some of the reviews (evolutionary not revolutionary) but I still can't help but be excited.  It's like a little bit of Christmas in October.

I'm sure I'll be underwhelmed a bit once the glow of a new OS has worn off but for awhile I'll revel in my fanboyism.  So if you too are a bit excited about the next Mac OS release, roll over to AppleInsider and feel free to take part in the unbridled Mac love fest and read some of the "Road to Mac OS X Leopard" series. Some of them are quite well written and will give you a good perspective of where Apple and NeXT have been and how the features in Leopard came to be.  Ignore the fact that some of the statements are a little too biased toward Apple and just enjoy the moment...

No comments: