Friday, January 27, 2006

RadRails 0.5.3

In the rails community it would appear that the majority of developers use Macs and the text editor TextMate. (What is it about Rails that seems to attract so many Mac people? I'm not arguing, I'm a Mac guy too, but it's an interesting question to ponder) But coming from a Java background I've grown fairly accustomed to Eclipse and so the RadRails and RDT Eclipse plugin projects caught my attention. But they each have their own strengths that made me wish I could take the best of both worlds. Well version 0.5.3 of RadRails shows the benefits of those two teams collaborating. RadRails is now using RDT for editing Ruby. It also means you get all the other nice features of RDT like a visual Test::Unit runner, the RI view, etc. I'm also pretty excited to hear where the developers of RadRails want to take RadRails. In short:
The focus of RadRails is going to move towards achieving dynamic content assist.
Rails development gets better all the time and the future looks bright.

No comments: