Thursday, October 20, 2005

Right & Wrong

Back in August I commented on Microsoft's aggressive moves against Adobe. I also mentioned that Apple could also make a move with it's new Core Image technology built into OS X. But at the time I didn't think it was all that likely. Well I was right that they could but I was wrong because they did.

Apparently Apple wants a piece of that image processing market. They just introduced Aperture. And although they're going to some pains to say it's complementary to Photoshop, I think it's definitely a competitor.

Apple really is becoming quite a software powerhouse... Fortunately for most software companies, they can feel secure that the only software they produce that isn't Macintosh-only is iTunes and Quicktime. But then again once somebody (like me for example) gets a taste of Mac, all that Microsoft stuff just feels like rubbish. With all the Apple stores around the U.S. with their little built in theaters, the brand new Quad PowerMacs will show this stuff off very well.

No comments: